Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children's book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India.
In the last 13 years we have published over 3000 books and printed over 14 million copies and 16 million storycards. In 2015, Pratham Books' increased its footprint by going digital. As an industry leader we were one of the first publishers in the country to open licence our content. All this content in now available in digital formats on StoryWeaver, our digital platform that hosts stories in 59 languages. The stories can be read, translated, versioned or downloaded for free. With both the print and digital initiatives being scaled, Pratham Books is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer. The job involves book design, page layout, and preparing illustrations for page layout, creating promotional posters, catalogues and other creative products, in English and many other languages.
- Working closely with the design and editorial teams to design and layout new children’s books for print and digital formats. ( The illustrations for the books will be provided)
- Adapting the original print design files, and adapting it into sizes and templates that are suitable for StoryWeaver - Pratham Books’ digital story platform. Strong Photoshop skills are required for this
- Pagination, Artwork, Archiving and Documentation
- Designer with an eye towards details and a strong sense of visualization.
- Graphic design skills and an interest in book layouts
- Expertise in Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and CorelDraw. Proficient in MS Office and Windows
- Basic understanding of the printing process
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on design files
- Be a team player, Quick learner
- Good communication skills
- Capable of working within a team and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of fonts and Unicode fonts will be a plus
Pay: Subject to level of previous experience
Location : Bengaluru
Interested candidates are requested to send in their resume to email@example.com