Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children's book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India.
In 13 years, we have published over 3000 books and distributed over 14 million copies of our storybooks and 16 million story cards. In 2015, Pratham Books' increased its footprint by going digital. As an industry leader, we were one of the first publishers in the country to open license our content. All this content is now available on StoryWeaver, our digital platform that hosts stories in 60 languages. The stories can be read, translated, versioned or downloaded for free.
Donate-a-Book, is a unique crowd-funding platform for children’s books. The platform helps to bridge the gap between individuals who want to help children read and those organizations, schools and individuals who need books for children.
At Pratham Books, we are shaping a new, innovative approach to multilingual publishing because we believe that every child needs good books to read in a language of their choice.
Pratham Books is looking for a dynamic person to lead its marketing and communications activities for all its initiatives. The landscape is wide, varied and creative. It would range from creating campaigns to tickle the imagination of writers, illustrators or translators to designing collateral for events; from creating newsletters to promoting a new series of books. You would need to create marketing communications strategies for different stakeholders, support internal teams, manage media relations, and oversee all brand related activities. It goes without saying that you’ll be good with words and ideas.
- Develop and present the communication activities memorably and create a strong brand presence for Pratham Books.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns
- Create CRM programs
- Support on ground events like book fairs and literature festivals with marketing collateral and on ground activation
- Develop and maintain media relations
- Use digital marketing tools to increase awareness and traffic to websites
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns
- Participate in award challenges
- A degree in Business/Marketing
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience in Advertising / Marketing Communications
- All-round knowledge of different aspects of communication – Advertising, PR, Digital Marketing, CRM programs
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter and motivated team player
- Good technology skills
Nice to have but not mandatory: Experience in working with nonprofits.
Location: Position is based out of Bengaluru
Salary: Will commensurate with experience. We are looking for a passionate individual who wants to be part of a team that is creating a new model in multilingual publishing to address the scarcity of books for children in need
Write to us: Email your resume with Marcom Manager in the subject line to email@example.com.