You’re reading about this position because you believe in the power of content - good content. Similarly at Pratham Books, we believe in the power of stories – good stories. And in the last decade we have strived hard to reach children across India with a variety of award-winning stories across 18 Indian languages. With our digital crowd-sourcing platform – StoryWeaver we now share the power of stories with a global community of educators, parents, authors, illustrators and translators.
About the role:
Pratham Books is looking for a dynamic individual for the position of: Content Manager – StoryWeaver. A self-motivated individual with experience and skills in curating content from multiple sources, forging strategic partnerships and anchoring the process of migrating the content to the platform. The person will lead a team and be responsible for timely execution to expand the content available on the platform to serve the needs of children globally. The role will report to the Head of Digital Initiatives and will work closely with different internal and external stakeholders. This is a full time position based out of Bengaluru.
The individual will be responsible for all the following:
- Create partnership opportunities with other publishers to open license their content on the platform
- Create partnership opportunities with Indian Universities and Language Institutes to increase the pool of good quality translations on the platform
- Identify and forge partnership opportunities with international organizations like 'Translator without Borders' to nurture translation partnerships in International languages
- Working closely with the content team for sourcing children's stories under open licences from across the globe
Programme Management & Design
- To build a strong cohesive programme operations team including setting up the Studio department and putting the processes and work-flows in place
- To ensure that we meet our commitments to donors, delivering project on time and on budget, and delivering the committed activities and project reports in compliance with the project design
- To work closely with all stakeholders to ensure high quality standards are met for the crowd-sourced content - including review processes and red flagging of inappropriate content
- To take on other tasks or responsibilities, as required for the project
- Archiving and documentation
- Prioritizing the pipeline of content from all sources for migration
- Managing the studio teams for the timely delivery of large scale data migration
- Working closely with the design teams to define new design templates
- Work with the technology partners to develop efficient processes for content migration
Liaison with co-collaborators & internal stakeholders:
- Creating a database of content creators, authors, illustrators, translators etc on the platform to enhance engagements
- Work closely with the marketing team to come up with interesting promotions to promote use of content
- Work closely with the content, research and marketing teams to deliver the project goals
- Post graduate in Literature / Communication / Journalism with 7 -10 years of experience in related fields. Experience with a publishing house is favourable.
- The candidate must have experience working in an editorial position in a publishing house and should have hands-on experience in review, proofreading and production related processes.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- A proven track record to manage, lead and deliver large-scale operations
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Self-starter, team player, strategic thinker and all around book nerd
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!
- Experience working with non-profits.
- 1-2 years working in a partner facing role
- Indic language experience and digital publishing
Location: Position is based out of Bangalore and is full-time.
Salary: Will commensurate with experience. We are looking for a passionate individual who wants to be part of a team that is creating a new model in multilingual publishing to address the scarcity of books for children in need
Write to us: Email your resume to storyweaver(at)prathambooks(dot)org