Update : This position has been filled and the posting is closed.
As the stories on StoryWeaver (https://storyweaver.org.in/) are travelling further, we need more hands on board!
StoryWeaver is a digital repository of openly-licensed, multilingual children's stories. A Pratham Books' initiative, StoryWeaver allows its users to read, create and translate stories into many, many Indian and international languages in the hope that children across the world can read quality stories in languages of their choice.
Currently, we're looking for a full-time, Editorial Assistant to join our Digital Team in Bangalore.
As an Editorial Assistant at StoryWeaver, this is what will keep you busy:
- Working with a designer to adapt our legacy content (Pratham Books' print books) for StoryWeaver
- Co-ordinating with authors, illustrators, translators, reviewers and proofreaders
- Reviewing and editing manuscripts
- Co-ordinating with the administrative team for documentation, records and payments (contracts, work orders, etc)
- Identifying and working with other content creators who may want their stories on StoryWeaver
- Nurturing StoryWeaver's user community
- Support campaigns aimed at improving content on StoryWeaver
- Finding creative ways for stories on StoryWeaver to travel wide and far
- Uploading books on StoryWeaver which involves tagging stories and images in a way that makes it accessible to users
- Degree in Literature/Journalism/Mass Communication/Media /Language
- Excellent Communication skills in English, and ability to read and write well in any one Indian language (preferably Kannada or Telugu)
- 1-2 years of work experience; freshers may also apply
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate between different stakeholders
- Be a good team player
- Sharp eyes to check copy
- Love for languages
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send your resume to email@example.com with 'Editorial Assistant for StoryWeaver' in the subject line of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!