Folks in Hyderabad, a children's literature festival is coming your way. Peek a Book Children's Literature Festival is happening at Shilpa Kala Vedika on 15th-16th November, 2015.
The good book corner also interviewed Lubaina Tyebji Bandukwala, one of the organizers of Peek A Book.
tgbc: What is on offer at Peek a Book this year?
Lubaina: From mythology to magic, from school adventures to contemporary mysteries, from stories about super heros to tribal princesses – almost all genres of children’s books are represented in this festival.
Hyderabad’s very own Dr Vithal Rajan presents his tale of Jungu the Tribal Princess and Nandini Nayar talks about her books Neelu’s Box and What Shall I Make? Story-teller Deepa Kiran and puppeteer Padmini bring books alive along with Richa Chadda of Easy Library.
We have a great number of out of towners as well –
– Anushka Ravishankar, known as India’s Dr Seuss will present three books – The Sherlock Holmes Connection, Moin and the Monster and Alphabets are Amazing Animals.
– Arundhati Venkatesh showcases Bookasura, the book eating monster.
– Roopa Pai – The Gita for Children.
– Senior journalist Shabnam Minwala is launching her new books Shy Supergirl and The Strange Haunting of Model High.
– Swati Sengupta also a journalist reads from her Young Adult books Half the Field is Mine and Guns on my Red Earth.
– Sonja Chandrachud takes us deep into a Mughal mystery with Trouble at the Taj
– Nature enthusiast Katie Bagli is joined by illustrator Zainab Tambawala with two books, Odyssey in the Ocean and Less Liked Lovables.
See the entire schedule for the festival.