What is the #6FrameStoryChallenge?
The #6FrameStoryChallenge is about telling a children's story through just 6 illustrations. This challenge is open to budding, aspirational and professional illustrators above the age of 16.
Send us your creative story and our Illustrator Gurus will select the top 3 entries. Winning entries will get paired with published authors who will weave a story around their illustrations, and also get a goody bag from Pratham books.
These stories will be showcased on the Pratham Books' upcoming open-source, story publishing platform. The platform is one of the steps we are taking to give stories wings and get kids across India reading. This requires the collective strength of a million minds. This platform will grow an entirely new ecosystem of content creation and publishing that can help solve the book drought in India and even globally. It will enable its users to read stories, translate them, create new stories and upload illustrations. So not only will the whole wide world get to see your awesome illustrations, they will also read a story around it!
How can I participate?
It’s simple! All you need to do is create a story in 6 frames of illustrations (no words, only pictures). You can do this in any of these two ways:
1. Create a story using any 6 words from our Word Wishlist below. Remember that you can add any amount of detail as long as you have used any 6 words from the wishlist. (Confused? Click here to see narratives created using words from the wishlist)
|(Click on the image for a larger view)|
2. Choose one of our 6 narratives to illustrate.
Take a look at the 6 Frame Story created by Rajiv Eipe, one of our Illustrator Gurus.
Illustrator Gurus for the #6FrameStoryChallenge
Rajiv Eipe | Prashant Miranda | Priya Kuriyan | Vinayak Varma | Soumya Menon | Somesh Kumar | Kalyani Ganapathy | Anjora Noronha
Their 6 frame stories will be released through the Challenge and also showcased on the platform. So get inspired and be ready to impress them with your work!
Guidelines for Submission to #6FrameStoryChallenge
- Contest ends on 30.1.2015. Send us your first few frames as you illustrate them if you would like us to feature you via our social media.
- Send us your 6 illustrations along with the 6 words you have chosen from our Word Wishlist, and a Story Title of your choice. Email us your entries at firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by post to Pratham Books, House No. 621, 2nd Floor, 5th main, OMBR Layout, Channasandra Main Road, Lakshmamma Layout, Banaswadi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043. (P.S - postal entries cannot be mailed back)
- Size of illustrations: 11.17 inches (width) x 6.01 inches (height). Your artwork can be bigger than this, but it must be scaled to the correct proportions.
- Files to be handed over in psd in layers or ai along - with 300 dpi / ppi png files. Please send us your illustrations as low-res JPEGs (to share via Social Media) and high-res source files (via WinZip, Dropbox, YouSendIt).
Copyright and other guidelines:
- The illustrations you submit must be your original work.
- By submitting your work to the #6FrameStoryChallenge, you are agreeing to a CC-BY license being applied to it (This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation). To know more about CC-BY, click here.
- Pratham Books reserves the right to accept/vet the illustrations.
- For queries, write to us at email@example.com
- While we encourage participation from all countries, prizes shall be couriered only within India. In case the winning entry is not from India, we will send you a high-res PDF of the book to print locally.
You can also join the Facebook event to view updates sent by other illustrators.