Libraries are precious places!
This is where a child learns on his own, grows on his own.In India, there would be only be a few lakh children in the country with an access to this magical place. Most government run schools and other low income schools lack a Library and hence many children miss out on what necessarily is an essential part of education. This is where, Pratham Books has the privilege to step in and make this magical world a little more accessible.
Pratham Books invites applications from NGOs interested in receiving a unique product called 'Library-in-a-classroom'.
At Pratham Books, we believe that every child has the right to enjoy good books in a language he/she understands and in a familiar context. Pratham Books is a brand of story books as Indian as the children who read them. As a not-for-profit publisher, our dream is to see a country where every child wants to read, is able to read and has something good to read.
In keeping with our mission of putting a book in every child's hand, Pratham Books is willing to donate approximately 200 numbers of the 'Library-in-a-classroom'. This product of Pratham Books is a wall-mounted library that can be put up in any classroom. The Library has a set of 125 books in languages and levels of your choice.
The 'Library-in-a-classroom' comes with its own storage unit with a lock and key facility. This ensures the safety of the books, not only from dust and other damages, but also solves the problem of 'where' and 'how' to store books.This child friendly unit is a compact treasure trove of stories and fables taking the children on magical journeys.
If you wish to apply for this grant, kindly go through the Application Guidelines listed below and if you fulfill the criteria, do fill out the Application Form.
Guidelines for Application :
- The Applicant should be a Non Profit Organization registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860 or Section 25 of Companies Act of 1956 or any other legal entity under regulations of Government of India.
- The Non Profit Organization should be serving children from low income communities.
- The Non Profit Organization should have a functioning reading program/library for children with fixed reading hours outside curriculum (at least 6 hours per week). This reading program must give children access and opportunities to read book, which are not a part of the set curriculum and are read for the pleasure of reading.
- The reading program that the NGO runs should impact at least 150-200 children of the community.
- The 'Library-in-a-classroom' kit from Pratham Books is available with books in the following languages only : Telugu/Kannada /Marathi / Urdu / Hindi and can be chosen in the ratio of 70 : 30 for primary language (mother tongue) to secondary language.
- The Non Profit Organization would be required to give regular updates and feedback on the outcomes of the library received from Pratham Books. We would like to know how our libraries are helping your program and feedback from you would be helpful. Format for giving feedback will be shared with you.
- Important Dates :
Last day of application
List of final beneficiaries to be announced by
Despatch of libraries to start by
There are 2 ways to file your application.
1. Fill in the google form and submit your application online.
2. Download the application form and email or post it to us.
We also have a link where you can download the application form from and email or post it to us. Please note that a duly filled from is imperative for us to consider your application. You may email the form on firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to :
House No. 621,
Second Floor, 5th Main,
OMBR Layout, Banaswadi,
Bangalore - 560043. Karnataka, India.
As the applications start pouring in, we promise to read and consider every application we receive but ,sadly,cannot honour each one of them. We are also looking for new partners in this journey, so NGOs who have not being benefited from any grant by Pratham Books before will get preference.