While we are on the topic of celebrating imagination (watch this amazing video which celebrates a little boy's creative and entrepreneurial spirit), here's a small reminder that we've extended the deadline for the 'Retell. Remix and Rejoice contest'. The new deadline is 25th May, 2012.
Get your kids to put on their creative hats, look at the assorted images available and pick the ones they want. Once they've decided, they just have to put the pictures together and weave a story and send it to us. Simple!
We didn't want to leave the adults out, so we've even created a category for people above the age of 16 years. So, send in your lovely stories this weekend.
The details :
Take the images available here, weave your ownstory and email us the remixed version. We've added a few more images to the pool of images so that you have more content to play around with. You may use how many ever images you want from the pool of images. This year's theme is “Trees”, so be sure to include them on your story. Pssstt......Stories that are drastically different from the original have a better chance to win and yes the first prize winner for each category gets a printed, laid-out version of the winning story....how cool is that!
Having starting trouble?
Browse through our editor's remixed versions of the original story.We have one in English and one in Hindi.
Click here to download the illustrations, read the original book and the remixed books, all at one go!
- Contest will be for two categories: Above 16 years and below 16 years.
- You can send in your entries in English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada or Urdu.
- Please send your entries in PDF, Word or Power Point format to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age, language of entry with the email subject line as “The Retell, Remix, Rejoice contest”
- Results will be announced on our blog and website on or before May 30, 2012.
- Got any queries? Email us at email@example.com
- Last date for entries is May 25th, 2012.
*By submitting your work you agree to a “Creative Commons – Attribution – Share Alike license” being applied to it. While we encourage participation from all countries, prizes shall be couriered only within India. In case winning entry is not from India, we will lay out the book and send you a high res pdf to print locally.