Pratham Books is a not for profit, multi-lingual publisher of books for children. Our mission is to put a book in every child's hands. Our books are translated into several Indian languages. We believe that every child should have access to lovely books that are a treat to their eyes and their minds.
1. MULTI STATE COORDINATOR
Experience: Min. 3 Yrs.
Location : One Position- Pune or Mumbai
To deliver all sales & marketing related initiatives for multiple states in your region
Key Responsibilities :
• Research and explore channel sales partnerships with Schools, Institutions, Distributor’s etc.; develop sales initiatives; assign and deliver sales targets for each account.
• Actively present and sell front list and backlist titles to key accounts
• Prepare sales quotations, necessary follow-up and close sales, collect orders from customers and work with Sales Head , Customer Service and Credit Control to ensure that customer orders, returns and credit notes are processed promptly and accurately.
• Devise sales plans and make sales kits to promote key titles, best-seller lists, subject specific lists
• Identify key supplementary reading/library market in Urban Schools
• Coordinate for any pilot projects in the state for the purpose of sales or research
• Work with the State Education bodies to identify sales opportunities under various government run educational enhancement programs
• Maintain and update customer profile sheets/ history and follow up on credit sales for the region
• Every other sales and marketing initiative to realize revenue objectives
• Establishing client relationship with the Principals and Coordinators of schools in order to promote the reading programs amongst children.
• Catering to complaints/grievances of Schools, Distributors or Institutions
• Candidate must have a customer and sales focus
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to work well on own initiative, be innovative and entrepreneurial
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Highly organized
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• PC literate, particularly all MS Office packages
Required Education and Experience:
• Applicants must demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation as this position entails
ownership and accountability in delivering revenue targets
• Applicants must demonstrate strategic planning, financial analysis abilities.
• Graduate degree preferably with marketing / sales management and 3-5 years experience is
• Candidates should be open to travel across the state for business purposes
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send your resume to info(at)prathambooks(dot)org with 'Multi State Coordinator' in the subject line of the email.
2. ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER
Experience: 2-4 years, relevant experience in advertising / media
Location : One Position- Full time -Bangalore
Pratham Books is looking for a young dynamic advertising / communications professional. You love to find simple solutions to complicated marketing problems. You glow with pride when you talk about the brands you have helped build and shape. You get excited when you create an interesting emailer.
You've been working in the communications field for about 2-4 years now but somewhere deep inside you are wondering whether there is more to your profession than the next new brand of tea or the newest shirt brand. You hope to use your skills to build a brand that impacts not just lifestyles but lives of India’s children. If yes, then Pratham Books is looking for you in the avatar of Assistant Brand Manager.
Oh and did we say that if you do join us you will be working with one of India's largest children's book publisher,with an aim to see, “A book in every child's hand”. So, if you are game to take up the challenge of making Pratham Books reach out to millions of little children, email your resume
to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Assistant Brand Manager' in the subject line of the email.
Visit us at www.prathambooks.org
• To develop and present our brand/s memorably, to help them stand out in a competitive marketplace.
• To communicate with multiple stakeholders - authors, illustrators, publishers, children, parents, schools, governments .
• To effectively explore new media like the internet / blogging / e-marketing etc to achieve the brands’ goals.
• To develop CRM programs and database management. Prior experience in this will be an added advantage.
• Plan and execute research projects.
• A degree in Business/Marketing
• 2-4 years experience in advertising / media relations
• Good communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
• A self-starter, independent, team player who is motivated by the cause
• Knowledge of design softwares a plus
• Knowledge of Kannada a plus