A new site called Young India Books has just launched.
Young India Books reviews Indian books for children from birth to sixteen years.
* To promote quality literature about India for children.
* To assist various stakeholders - parents, teachers, librarians and book-sellers select appropriate books for children.
* To form partnerships with key stakeholders in order to enrich the quality of children’s literature about India.
* Reviews, comments and rating of all books.
* Profiles of authors and illustrators. Know who they are and what motivates them to write or illustrate for children.
* Books are Fun has suggestions for educators - teachers, librarians and parents. In this section educators share tips on how to use books creatively to teach.
* Search Books section helps educators to select books for the home and the library keeping in mind the curriculum, the age and interests of the kids.
* Authors section has tips on enhancing writing Skills. Experts will share their insight to enhance writing skills.