An all-India campaign to "Donate books, Receive Books" has been started by Karmayog to enable any person from across the country to connect with and donate books to any public library, school, college, hospital, NGO, Trust, etc.Visit www.karmayog.org/donatebooks if you wish to donate books, act as a collection centre, or would like to receive books.
The campaign's aims are:
- establishing permanent, local linkages between people and organisations so that they can 'Donate Books, Receive Books' at any time in the future also
- making people realise that there are many people and organisations who can use and need the books, magazines, CDs, etc. that are lying unused in our homes and offices, or which we regularly sell off as raddi / waste paper
- Public libraries, reading rooms, old people's homes, public hospitals...are some examples of places where magazines, light reading material, etc. is always needed
- Children's homes, orphanges, schools and colleges are always in need of books for their libraries
- ensuring that each book donated is read by at least one more person, if not many more, before it may end up as waste
- Many NGOs have special requirements of books (e.g. for training purposes) which they find difficult to get - while there may be people who have such books to donate.
How does the 'Donate Books, Receive Books' initiative work?
A web-section has been developed on Karmayog with a compilation of Collection Centres and those who need books, so that any person can periodically check and donate books to the organisations listed at the locations listed.
Image Source: guillermogg